Sunday, January 29, 2017

Dress #3 -- Butterick 6211 (1953 repro)

I made this dress out of very cheap, nasty fabric from my stash thinking I wouldn't like it very much....but I love it LOL. I love this pattern and I think it would be great in a nicer fabric. I like they way mine LOOKS (looks quite 80s!), but that black fabric is just so gross. It's stiff and cheap. I've had it in my stash for YEARS because it is so nasty. I have no idea why I bought so much of it (6 yards!). Oh well. This pattern is labeled as "Average", but I though it was easy. Didn't take take long, either.

3 comments:

  1. Wow three dresses already?!? You're on fire! I have that pattern too but it is not on my to do list for this year. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mega cute! I think one of the first things I made was from very similar fabric. Some kind of cheap-ass poplin that hated being cut and sewn. It was nasty. And it faded after one wash. It was red polka dots on black.
    Your dress is definitely worth another go in plusher fabric - something soft and billowy to let that skirt do its thing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have this pattern in my stash and I am thinking about doing it now!

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...