Friday, April 8, 2016

Dress #11 -- Butterick 6323 (2016)

Another Gertie pattern success! This pattern wasn't too easy, but not too hard, either. Except for the bow. I had no effing clue how to follow the instructions so I just made my own, lol. I like it better.

I didn't make any changes other than that. I also had to cut out the size 16 for this particular pattern. A friend of mine got the scoop that Gertie uses her own fit models for her patterns, hence why they may not fit the same as normal Butterick patterns. I guess that answers the question why I wear a 14 in normal Butterick, but the last two Gertie patterns I made I had to use sizes 12 and 16, respectively.

As soon as I saw this pattern I instantly thought of flamingos and summer in Wildwood. Only now I live near snow-capped mountains HAHA!

1 comment:

  1. The gradient in the fabric makes this look especially nice.

    ReplyDelete

Making 2020 Interesting

I know this used to be a sewing blog, but I have only sewn two thing in two years. I plan to start doing in again in the upcoming months as...